Thursday 8 December 2011

Foundation Trouble...

Hi All,

My addiction to foundation has taken me to a new rather pricey new purchase, as I have previously said I recently changed foundations from Nars Sheerglow to Estee Lauder doublewear. Don't get me wrong, when I purchased Estee Lauder Doublewear I instantly fell in love. But over the last few weeks my skin has had a major breakout which never happens and doesn't seem to be shifting. The only thing I think it could be is my foundation. Doublewear is quite thick and I think that this may have upset my skin a little. 
Not only the breakout but I just wasn't feeling happy anymore with the overall look of my foundation. On my lunch break I popped into House of Fraser in my quest to find something new and better suited to me. I first went over to the Chanel counter as I have heard so much about Pro Lumiere, Matt Lumiere etc. But the SA said she would be brutally honest with me and let me know that they are discontinuing four of their foundations to introduce a new one in January.
I didn't really know what else to try until I remembered that alot of bloggers had raved about the Gurlains Lingerie De Peau. The SA was lovely and she matched me up to shade 03 which is Beige Natural which suits me perfectly. She only had one tiny sample packet to give me though :( I tried this today for work and it is heaven, it does exactly what is says it should do. I had to buy it! It is the most expensive foundation I have used but hopefully will be worth it. It retails at around £35 for 30ml but I ordered mine from Debenhams as they had an offer which meant I got it for £30 which I am pleased about. £5 saved!


I will pop up a full review when my foundation arrives with pictures so everyone can make their own minds up.
Has anyone else had any trouble with certain foundations breaking them out?

K xx

No comments:

Post a Comment