Wednesday 2 November 2011

Foundation - My number one beauty must have

I know I am not the only one thinking that the most important item in your beauty bag is foundation (closely followed by mascara). I have been wearing foundation since I was around 13/14, I had bad skin when my hormones kicked in and remember being given by my mum the left overs of her foundation, I think it was max factor. This was when my love for foundation began...


I have purchased foundations from everything to Rimmel, Loreal Clinique, Chanel, and Dior to name a few but nothing was a keeper. Then I found Mac Studio fix fluid in NC30. I have a love/hate relationship with this foundation. It gives great coverage which is buildable, but started feeling a bit 'cakey' and heavy on my skin.

After doing some research I found Nars Sheerglow foundation in Punjab, this is beautiful when first applied, great coverage and leaves a lovely glow to the skin with out looking greasy...or so I thought. I don't know if its just a change in my skin or what but after my day at work my face had literally slid off! Not good and I was really dissapointed because i really wanted this to be the one.

I am currently using Estee Lauder Doublewear in Sand, my boyfriend treated me to this in Harrods on my birthday and I have to say...i'm in love! I have found the one. When applied with my Mac 190 brush its divine (I applied with fingers first and the results were not as good). But this foundation gives me everything I love, it matches to my skintone, its medium to full coverage and it lasts all day without having to reapply.

I am going to post some pictures very soon of the foundation and give a full review :)

Has anyone got any foundation must haves?? I am always open to finding new ones to try.

Love Kaleigh
x

1 comment:

  1. hi, i thought i could be the first! :)
    have you tried the new Perfection Lumière by Chanel?
    I can't make my mind up about it yet, but it is definitely worth checking!
    ciao! lucia x

    www.boucleaunaturel.blogspot.com
    www.justpowderingmynose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete