Sunday 20 November 2011

Getting to know me...

You have probably all seen these questions doing the rounds on other various beauty blogs. I think it's a great way to find out what products they use and wether or not when they review a product you can relate to it. I love all the beauty blogs I follow but when I find out one of them has the same skin type as me it makes me read through absolutely everything for advice and tips that I am not aware of. So here it goes

Skincare!!

How many times do you wash your face daily?
I wash my face twice a day. Once thoroughly in the morning with my Liz Earle hot cloth cleanser, followed by the Liz Earle skin tonic. Then in the evenings I usually give it a good going over with a simple face wipe, Loreal eye make up remover and my Liz Earle skin tonic. Fresh as a daisy for bed.

What skin type do you have?
I would say I have oily skin, I am always trying to find products to hold the shine at bay. My skin is also prone to the odd breakouts which I hate.

What is your current facial wash?
I am currently using the Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser, which I am sure you have heard about as it's a massive hit in the blogging community, hence how I found out about it.

Do you exfoliate?
Yes I try and exfoliate once a week as I wear fake tan and feel that if I exfoliate mid-week it gives my sking a much needed booost.

What brand do you use?
Origins, Modern Friction

What moisturiser do you use?
I am using Origins Starting Over which is oil free. It also has Mimosa, Argan Leaf Extract and Green Algae to boost collagen and makes my skin more plump and ready for the day ahead.

Do you have freckles?
I have a few on my nose, they are more pronounced in the summer from all the sun.

Do you use eye cream?
Yes, I am currently using Soap & Glorys Make Yourself Youthful eye cream which claims it will give 'fresher, tighter, brighter eyes'. Its a lovely cream which leaves a sheen under your eye. I really want to get the Origins GinZing next time to try as i love Origins products.

Do you or did you have acne prone skin?
I wouldn't say acne but I do suffer with the odd breakout on my cheeks and chin.


Make-up!!

What foundation do you use?
I'm currently using Estee Lauders Doublewear which I love. It really does cover and imperfections and gives a lovely coverage. I also think this foundation has helped me reduce the shine throughout the day aswell.

How about concealer?
Estee Lauders Doublewear concealer. Again, this is great and really does well at covering dark circels and imperfections.

Do you know your undertone colour?
MAC matched me originally with a pink undertone which i don't think suited my skin. I think I am better suited to a warmer undertone.

What do you think of fake eyelashes?
I love them and think they can look stunning on other people but I find them to fiddly to apply and they irritate me.


What brand of mascara do you use?
I have tried sooooo many mascaras yet I always come back to Loreals Volume Million.


What makeup tools do you use in makeup application?
I use a MAC 190 to apply my foundation, I then have various MAC and Benefit brushes for my blusher, eyeshadow etc.

Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes?
Not a primer as such, I usually just pop some of my Doublewear concealer before my eyeshadow.

For the face?
No, I don't like putting too many products on my face apart from my moisuriser as I ahve the dreaded shine.

What is your favourite eyeshadow?colour or shade?
I like mainly neautral colours, beiges, bronze. I have been using the MUA Heaven and Earth pallett recently which I love.

Do you use pencil or liquid liner?
Both, I use Loreals Super Liner on my top eyelid and then Macs Eye Kohl in Smolder on my waterline.

What is your favourite lipstick?
I have a few that I alternate throughout the week for my day time look. I tend to go for nudes as I define my eyes alot. I love MAC Creme D'Nude, MAC High Tea, MAC Hue and MAC Shy Girl.

How about lipgloss?
I'm much more of a lipstick girl but I do love Bourjous 3D effect lipgloss in Poetic Brun and Benefit lipgloss in Tropical punch.

What is your favourite blush to use?
I am completely in love with Benefit Blushers I think I own every one they have made! Dandelion, Dallas, Coralista, 10, Hoola.

Do you buy your makeup on Ebay?
No i haven't purchased anything like that from ebay, have never though about it.

Do you like drugstore makeup?
Yes, I love finding a bargain. I love Bourjos, MUA, Loreal and Maybelline.


Name a makeup crime that you hate?
The white eyeliner on the top lash line thats almost luminous. Yuck.

Do you like colourful shades of makeup (lipstick or eyeshadow) or neutral ones?
Neutral for day to day wear but a nice bright lip every now and again is good. I need to experiment more with colours.

Which celebrity always has great makeup?
Millie from Made in Chelsea. Her makeup looks so glowy and fresh all the time. Love it.

If you could leave the house using just ONE makeup item, what would you use?
Mascara, I have pea eyes without it. It really opens your face up.

Could you leave the house without any makeup on?
Yes but I don't really like it. I feel more confident with make up and less scruffy.

Do you think you look good even without any makeup on?
No! My boyfriend sais I do but i'm not too sure i beleive him haha.

In your opinion what is the BEST makeup line?
I would say MAC but that is purely based on their lipsticks. Each brand offers somethign completely different so thats a hard question.

What do you think of makeup?
I adore make up. I think it is the best invention ever created! I love how it can make you feel so confident. Even a different shade of lipstick can take you from cute to sexy in a matter of seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment